Turning Research into Your Reality
Aligning Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessments
Partner alongside Virginia to implement and extend effective alignment models, using materials based on well-defined and valid theories of action. Collaborate with Design to Align to design and implement quality staff development for
- Creating school improvement plans to support alignment
- Assisting in curriculum and assessment alignment around depth of knowledge consistency, range-of-knowledge correspondence, math process skills, balance of representation, and source of challenge.
- Supporting teachers in pacing, implementation, periodic review and data analysis.
- Continuity of progressive skill development within a school and among schools
- Maximize instructional time by avoiding unnecessary instructional overlaps and preventing gaps.
- Increased communication among teachers about curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Equal access for all students to a high-quality curriculum.
- Increased student performance on standardized tests