Turning Research into Your Reality
Partner alongside Virginia to deliberately plan and implement quality instruction, using materials based on well defined and valid theories of action. Collaborate with Design to Align to design and implement quality staff development to
- Guide teachers in the process of examining the lesson content, structure, and activities to ensure the Focus, Coherence, and Rigor required by college- and career-ready standards are central to the lesson.
- Develop rich math tasks to engage students in the Standards of Mathematical Practice while building content knowledge. Elements of tasks include accessibility to all learners, real life task or application, multiple approaches, and collaborative, accountable discussions.
- Enhancing teachers’ repertoire of pedagogical content knowledge for teaching mathematics, including solving strategies that arise through student thinking, comprehension of the relationships that are embedded within content areas, an understanding of common student thinking and misconceptions, and knowledge of ways to differentiate instruction.
- An understanding what high-quality mathematics instruction looks like for all students.
- Articulated high expectations for instruction by all teachers and learning by every student
- Enhanced role for teachers as they become evaluators of their own teaching.
- Reduction of the number of children who struggle with mathematics through the implementation of specific, coherent evidence-based strategies and high-yield strategies and interventions.
To discuss your learning organization’s alignment needs, please complete the survey by clicking HERE. Virginia will respond within 24 hours.